Thursday, October 14, 2010

Notepad Pics

PDF File (Finished Design)
1st Rough
2nd Rough
10 Thumbs
Word Matrix
Quotes: 50-$22.69, 100-$43.01, 200-$83.73, and 500-$206.07

Synopsis:
I was very pleased at how my project turned out.  When the project first got underway I was a little worried at how mine was going to look and turn out, but with the final piece I personally would not go back and change any of it.  After laying out 10 sketches and two roughs I was overwhelmed at which one I would actually go ahead and use.  Now that my notepad design is complete I am glad I chose the rough that I did.  The notepad was a fun project and since I have quotes from Quick print I think I will go ahead and at least have one printed.  
In my project I used different design principals to show the true design and to communicate a clear message to these prospective students.  For example to promote the web address I used a dotted line leading to the website on both sides to draw their attention to the website.  I was really pleased on how that idea turned out.  Also with Mrs. Benson’s help she showed me how the use of space and color would make my notepad look like a whole different design.  From what I had on paper in my sketches and roughs was very different from what my final design turned out like.  Using the space I had and different light and dark areas of my background, I chose to put my information in the areas that worked best for the color of wording.  For example in the darker shadow of my background I put the website in the color white and placed it where it would easily stand out.  Overall I enjoyed doing this project and will set up notepad designs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment