Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Brendan Murphy


Although I was not able to attend Brendan Murphy I was able to have a student in the class get the notes for me. I really wanted to be able to attend, but I was not able to fit it into my schedule due to work. After reading the notes I received I was inspired many times by the quotes Brendan Murphy left with students. It is neat to see that Brendan was once a student just like us that had big dreams, and that his dreams took him this far. It really is an honor to be a Pittsburg State University grad knowing that so many professionals have excelled with programs from here. Brendan had a lot of good information that he offered, and his information helped me take a minute to look at things in a little different perspective. Graduation is quickly upon me and it is scary to think about where I will end up at, and if that perfect job will ever open up. After seeing a list of companies that use his services I noticed that Wells Fargo was top on the list. It was amazing to see this, considering I have actually been in contact with Wells Fargo through SIFE about working for their company. Although this was a neat fact to learn, Brendan’s quotes he stated really had an impact on me and inspired me. He stated he didn’t take short cuts, but took the long way around. Sometimes I find myself in such a hurry that I feel like there is never enough time therefore I am always looking for the short cuts. Brendan also stated that anytime there is change, there will be opposition. Sometimes change is looked down upon, but not that I think about what was stated, I look at change as an opportunity! I was not only inspired by Brendan, but learned a lot not only about myself, but about my degree and future career. There are time that I focus so much on so many different logo options, but as he stated no matter 300 or 3,000 logo options, only one is chosen in the end. This is a very true statement and need to quit getting so caught up on so many different options.

Brendan Murphy left students with one last piece of advice and it was to pay attention in school, and this seems like such a duh statement, but it is so true. Without the knowledge you gain from classes taken, it will be very hard to succeed in your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment